This blog is moderated! Dot not leave anonymous messages because I won't even open them and will directly reject them. Any attempt to spam this blog ends directly in the spam filter of my gmail account.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter in Sicily.
I work as a little bug recently... trying to catch up with all the things that were left undone while I was feeling unwell.
It's not like I feel better now... but since I am still alive and can't do anything else but work until all the blood tests results are out that's what I'll do. I will work.
Now I was so swept away from work that I forgot to mention about my Easter, right?
Pasqua in Sicilia

I don't have much to say except the weather was so bad it was quite and adventure to land and take off from Palermo's airport. My relatives are all still there and I think this year was very quiet and nice to be there, it was even sunny for a day or so.
I'll mention the menu since it was the best part but... it did kill my stomach and I am trying to get back in shape.

Il tempo inclemente ci ha fatto vivere una vera avventura al nostro atterraggio a Palermo punta raisi... aeroporto costruito in un punto così pericoloso che più pericoloso non si può.
La cosa notevole di questi due giorni di ferie in Sicilia è senza dubbio il menu. Mi ha distrutto lo stomaco e sto cercando di rimettermi in sesto ma ne è valsa la pena... questo è quello che ho pensato quando l'aereo ha sobbalzato e i flap si sono incastrati al nostro decollo: almeno ho mangiato il profiterol.
Nunnata... I don't eat this... it's fish and I think it should be illegal too. If you eat babyfishes you won't find fishes later on!


Nunnata... è pesce... non lo mangio.




Fake Pasta con le sarde... it's vegetarian... no sarde (which are sardines)



the real one has sardines in it.
You don't see the difference?
Neither do I... but mine tasted
better! muahahahaha!

fish stinks!



Pasta con le sarde vegetariana... cioè senza sarde.

Ricotta frittata.

Devo tradurre?






With nice weather you can barbeque artichokes.

Carciofi alla brace! Si approfitta del bel tempo.






this was it for day 1.

Day 2

Fava pesto.

Pesto di fave... ho messo troppo pecorino
e ci ho rimesso due o tre papille.






Olives! good ones!

Che beddri cocci r'aliviiiii!






Artichoke salad.
Insalata di carciofi.

yeah yeah I love archichokes.




Dinnerrrrrrrr!

Ladies and gentlemennnnnnn.....

Sfincioneeeeeeee!!!

Vegetariano, of course.




Easter Lunch - Pranzo di Pasqua

All these pictures were taken so that I can send this link to my sister and she can drool over them! This is stuff I don't eat....
Tutte queste belle foto sono state scattate per far schiattare d'invidia mia sorella che non c'era! Ha ha ha ha. Questa è roba che io non mangio ma piace a lei.

Oysters
ostriche...






Seafood salad
insalata di mare.







Sea urchin pasta.

Spaghetti ai ricci di mare.







Spigola, Swordfish, giant squid.
Totano, pesce spada e spigola.







Other random dead fishes....
... e altri pescetti morti varii.






MY LUNCH - Il mio pranzo

Caprese.

Radicchio/ Trevisan Risotto.








Then I jumped from grilled veggies to dessert. Dopo una grigliata di verdure il dolce.


Profiterol!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e la peppa!!!

dedasaur said...

buono, eh?