This blog is moderated! Dot not leave anonymous messages because I won't even open them and will directly reject them. Any attempt to spam this blog ends directly in the spam filter of my gmail account.

Friday, March 26, 2004

Bonding, not bondage.... hehehehe.

Male bonding or collaboration bondings. People bonds in the weirdest way and for the werdest reasons I think.

Yesterday I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with this guy from a phone/dsl company trying to figure out why my conection stopped working.

See my roomate and I share phone line and dsl, so we got a router. For few days now this router has been working properly, yesteday, all of sudden the little bastard decided to forfait on us.... but, at first, I thought there was something wrong with the modem or my connection, since the router had been working efficiently up to that moment.

I ran my trouble shooter, I turned on and off everything.... I thought maybe the storm screwed everything up. In the end I gave up and called support. So this guys who replied to me was really nice and helpful and we tried everything to fix my problems.

We reset the modem, he checked his computer, I checked mine. He did his troubleshooting I did mine. In the end two of the little light on my modem would just not turn on and he said: it's the connection to your computer not the line itslef.
So I disconnected the router, plugged the computer directly to the modem and he helped me set up new settings and all. After 3 hours on the phone, the internet was working again... and when I said: it conncted (to my great surprise and simay)... we were celebrating as if it were the beginning of a new millenium.

Yeah, we did it, you were great! No you were, you did everything perfectly! No man I could have never have done it without you!!! Oh no biggie really, you followed me perfectly... and sooo throwing complimets at each other and to our great satiscaftion the internet was working and bonding was created.

Now I have to tell my rommate to find a way to fix the router so we can both connect at the same time, cuz I could not figure out how to make the thing work. Bet one vs ten she'll get pissed, will not trust me (although she heard me talk to this guy for 3 hours) and totally ignore the thing (so we'll have a router for nothing) and... more than that she'll probably get revengeful and do something like... unplug my cable to plug her own and not tell me, like she did last night, telling me she needs the internet.... then lay on her bed and go to sleep, with her computer off and the internet not running... while I could have spent the night downloading!

I wonder why.... I cannot create these types of bonding with her.... maybe I just can't deal with paranoia!!! 9___9

No comments: