This blog is moderated! Dot not leave anonymous messages because I won't even open them and will directly reject them. Any attempt to spam this blog ends directly in the spam filter of my gmail account.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

kinda boring...
Che pizza!

So I spent the whole evening looking for an old file from 2005. Am I missing a portfolio cd or did I never burn that folder to begin with and now it's lost for ever?
On one hand it sucks, because that means I have to do some illustration from scratch... dang the original pencil drawings are in my country house I have to go fetch them.
then again it might be good to do them all over again instead of fixing them... how to say, this year needs brand new colors, I guess.

Ho trascorso l'intera serata cercando un vecchi file del 2005. Forse mi manca un cd del mio portfolio o forse non ho mai masterizzato quella cartella e quei file sono persi per sempre.
Da una parte è una gran seccatura, perché significa che molte illustrazioni devo rifarle da capo... e accidenti i disegni originali sono nella mia casa di campagna, devo andarli a raccattare. Probabilmente è meglio così, rifarli da zero invece di aggiustarli.... come dire, quest'anno ha bisogno di nuovi colori, credo.

Still I was surprised there was a big number of very nice drawings in my old portfolios I just never displayed them properly I guess. That's what I think I'll do now... I can still draw, I spent the last few weeks getting warmed up at drawing and coloring again: it worked. Not only it's like riding a bike but it's almost as if some things came to me clearer just because my brain took some rest all this time. I must have burned out.

Eppure, sono sorpresa, c'era un bel numero di disegni piuttosto validi nei miei vecchi portfolio semplicemente non li avevo messi in mostra nel modo giusto, temo. E questo è quello che farò, allora... posso ancora disegnare, ho trascorso le ultime settimane riscaldandomi col disegno e colorando di nuovo: ha funzionato. Non solo è come andare in bicicletta ma è come se alcune cose mi arrivassero in maniera più chiara proprio perché il mio cervello si è riposato. Dovevo davvero aver esaurito la mia energia.

It's kinda scary, I thought, looking at these drawing: what a dumb ass I was!
For sure, working with graphic designer has thaught me a lot. Hard to explain but their approach is different, fast and effective, every time I wanted to be fast it was not effective and it turned out messy.

Fa un po' paura, ho pensato, guardando questi disegni: quanto ero fessa!
Certo lavorare con i designer mi ha insegnato molto. Difficile da spiegare ma il loro sistema è diverso, il loro approccio è veloce ed efficiente, tutte le volte che volevo essere veloce non ero efficiente anzi ero un pasticcio.

I think I've learned to be synthetic somehow. So I'll be proactive and I'll be effective this year and let's keep the fingers crossed so that some things might move the right way, finally.
Am I waking up just now... kinda boring, wouldn't you say? it alwats happens so late in life!

In qualche modo penso di aver imparato a essere sintetica. Quindi sarò efficace ed efficiente quest'anno e teniamo le dita incrociate che qualcosa possa muoversi per il verso giusto, finalmente. Mi sto svegliando solo ora... che pizza, non è vero? Ci si sveglia sempre così tardi nella vita!

No comments: