This blog is moderated! Dot not leave anonymous messages because I won't even open them and will directly reject them. Any attempt to spam this blog ends directly in the spam filter of my gmail account.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Shopping in Paris
My last trip to Paris brought me to find out how many Japanese store were opened around the Opèra area.
It's like all the tenth ward of Paris was turning into some sort of Japantown.
Plus Rue Keller, behind Bastille Metro... where you would find the now historical "Tonkam" (one of the oldest comicbook shop in the city) has turned into a street of comicbook store... some of which sell lots of used stuff.

Incredibile! Durante la mia ultima visita a Parigi ho scoperto che attorno alla zona dell'Opera hanno aperto tantissimi negozi giapponesi. E' come se il decimo erondissement si stesse trasformando in una sorta di Japantown. Inoltre Rue Keller, dietro la metro Bastille... dove si trova Tonkam (una delle fumetterie più vecchie e rinomate della città) è diventata una strada di fumetterie, alcune di esse specializzate nell'usato.

So I took advantage of this sudden trip and decided to do some shopping, although I was limited by the weight allowed to carry on the plane... and got some stuff.
Used comics, artbooks and some cute gashapons (of which I'll talk more in details later, after taking pictures).
Bookoff is a great source for used books and I got most of my artbooks there.
Chiho Saito, Yumi Tamura and a gorgeous one from Kanata Kara... which is one of my all time favorite shoujo manga were my most precious purchases.

Visto che mi ci trovavo ho fatto dello shopping, anche se ero limitata nel peso del bagaglio imposti dalla compagnia aerea. Ho trovato fumetti usati, artbook e qualche gashapon carino di cui parlerò prossimamente (dopo che avrò scattato anche delle foto).
Bookoff è stata una fonte preziosa di acquisti in lingua originale, sia per i manga che per gli artbook. Chiho Saito l'ho preso a 9 euro da Tonkam ma Yumi Tamura e un bellissimo artbook di Kanata Kara (che è uno dei miei shoujo preferiti) sono stati acquistati proprio lì, da Bookoff.

The presence of a Japanese grocery store allowed me to get ahold of my precious Yakult... and got some rice crackers and salty, Korean style, seaweed to eat as snack. They turned out to be really useful to make a nice, improvised, 14th of July pic-nic (having the cracker and a bottle of water in my bag per chance).

La presenza di alimentari giapponesi mi hanno permesso di poter finalmente acquistare lo Yakult (di cui non posso proprio fare senza, ecco, poi divento radioattiva).... e poi ho trovato dei crackers di riso e delle alghe che son tornate davvero utili per l'improvvissato pic-nic del 14 luglio (trovandomi crackers e acqua in borsa).

No comments: