This blog is moderated! Dot not leave anonymous messages because I won't even open them and will directly reject them. Any attempt to spam this blog ends directly in the spam filter of my gmail account.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Xmas Presents! - I regali di Natale

I finally manage to get back on the web for a couple of days and so I think it's time to update my blog a bit.

Sono finalmente sul web per qualche giorno, dopo una lunga assenza e devo decisamente aggiornare il blog...

but let's start with my birtday present... which was given to me in October and which is still waiting in its box! That's how busy life has been, both for good and bad reasons, so I wonder when I'll find a couple of hours to finally fulfill a childhood wish!

Ma partiamo col regalo di compleanno che attende di essere montato dal mese di ottobre, quando i miei adorati Muppy partenopei hanno deciso di avere pietà di un mio desiderio - mai esaudito - d'infanzia e mi hanno preso la nave pirata lego! Con tanto di squalo e di sirena! Certo la vita fosse stata meno impegnata, nel bene e nel male, avrei già trovato un pomeriggio di tempo per rilassarmi e montarlo...



Xmas... I thought I wouldn't get a thing.
That's how Christmas had been for the past 3 years... and it was fine, I mean, usually I seldom get what I want and people get naturally annoyed by my unentusiastic "thank you - smirk - put away" that nobody would get me presents anymore... even though I had created a wishlist!
Fact is... what I like... people find it useless or uninteresting. Too bad that amongst these uninteresting things there's a pile of books as tall as my little self.

Credevo non avrei ricevuto nulla... perché così è stato per gli anni passati. E, voglio dire, andava bene così anche perché ho ricevuto doni graditi assai raramente e la gente aveva iniziato a stancarsi, ovviamente, dei miei "grazie - sorrisino - metto via" così poco entusiasti! Chi può biasimarli? Nonostante avessi fatto una lista dei desideri, il contenuto della lista è per lo più sempre stato considerato inutile e poco interessante... anche se tra le cose inutili e poco interessanti c'era una pila di libri alta quanto me!














My mom got me these... I love cups!!! This dog... I think was to tease me though since I will never get a real one!
The dog's name is Puncho!

Mia madre mi ha preso questi... adoro le tazze! Il cane però è una presa per i fondelli e un ulteriore messaggio cifrato: uno vero... mai!!!
Questo l'ho chiamato Puncho (pancio)









These one I got the night of the 24th... Sottile is its name... turned out to be very useful, because my sister uses super slim pillows and I like fluffy tall ones. He saved my neck... as you can see from the many wrinkles, I used it a lot!

Questo mi è arrivato il 24 sera, l'ho chiamato Sottile e mi ha salvato il collo... prendetemi alla lettera! Mia sorella usa dei cuscini bassi, io dormo con due cuscini e mi piacciono alti e morbidi... e quindi l'ho usato come cuscino, si vede dalle pieghe... com'è emaciato!















Then on Christmast morning, to my surprise, I found 2 other presents...
This one was chosen by my nephew Samuele: because Bau (that's me) likes Jack and likes green.

La mattina di Natale ho trovato altri due regali, con mia grande sorpresa...
Questa l'ha scelta mio nipote Samuele: perché a zia Bau piacce Jack e piace il verde!











I think this one was chosen by my sister and my mom! I have become quite annoying with causes and I pick certain ones over others. They must have thought: let's make her happy and do some good... she'll be happy twice. And I was...
My eyes sparkled when I read Italia Onlus Make a Wish - I always loved Make a wish...
http://www.makeawish.it/
The art of the mug is awesome but, honestly, even if it were to be only Winnie Pooh, or Donald or Minnie (and I hate them with all my might!XDD) I still would have loved the mug with all my heart.
Credo che questa bella tazza sia stata scelta da mia madre e mia sorella. Ultimamente rompo le balle fino allo spasimo su un sacco di cause perse... e preferisco alcune ad altre (di solito l'ambiente). Avranno pensato: la facciamo felice e facciamo del bene... sarà felice due volte! E lo sono stata...
I miei occhi si sono illuminati d'immenso quando ho visto Italia Onlus Make a Wish - ho sempre ammirato tantissimo Make a wish...
http://www.makeawish.it/

Il disegno sulla tazza è stupendo... ma anche se ci fossero stati gli odiati Winnie pupù, Paperino e Minnie non l'avrei amata di meno.


And this was the Epiphany witch's present. Stripes... and purple! Gotta love it!

E questo è il regalo della Befana... viola ed a righe! Vero amore!

No comments: