This blog is moderated! Dot not leave anonymous messages because I won't even open them and will directly reject them. Any attempt to spam this blog ends directly in the spam filter of my gmail account.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh the possibilities...
Photobucket
That's what the ad use to say, right?
So today I have two bits of news: I uploaded some stuff on Devianart, just for the heck of it... I am still trying to figure out how it works.
I am Dedasaur there cuz somebody took the "Deda" away from me. Still using the Dedasaur avatar though, so you can recognize me by my little mascotte... I added a little badge to the side bar for you to find me there (It's a bit redundant, right now, for you won't find different things from the ones you get on my website but I am about to add more sketches and some random concept).
The second thing is that I found Bookmooch and got addicted to it.
If you are on bookmoocht too...
I am Deda, there, and you will recognize me by my Dedasaur.
The cool thing about mooching books is that you find yourself with some cool editions in your hands sometimes.
It's true the shipping is at your expenses and as long as you ship inside of Italy you only pay 1,28 euros... but since I mooch with the U.S. I spend up to 6,20 euros at times so it's like buying new books.
Fact is I received a copy of La regina dei Caraibi today, by Emilio Salgari, that's dated 1976... it's all dusty and yellowish and it reeks of old, totally awesome! But the text is uncensored and it has illustrations inside. It's a very cool edition... and I think I also managed - if the guy agrees to send it over - a copy of Scaramouche, hard cover, by Rafael Sabatini which might be something like 80 years old LOL.
But let me tell you, you find and mooch books that are not in store anymore... the last one I got was I married a Dead Person, by Cornell Woolrich which had been out of stock and out of print for about 15 years now!
So when you see old stuff appear in my anobii's badge to the side... I probably mooched it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caccia al tesoro....

Due piccole novità: 1) Sono su Devianart, come Dedasaur, ho messo anche un piccolo banner qua al lato per facilitare la mia ricerca - anche se per ora non ci sono cose diverse rispetto al mio sito, in futuro ospiterà molti più schizzi. 2) Sono letteralmente impazzita per Bookmooch.
Adoro Bookmooch, scambi libri con persone di tutto il mondo! Okay è vero che le spese di spedizione sono a tuo carico, ma se spedisci in Italia costa solo 1,28... certo spedire in America costa 6 euro e rotti e comincia a diventare come acquistare un libro... tuttavia....
Tuttavia ti arrivano delle chicche per posta che non ti aspetti.
La gente dà via vecchi libri magari appartenuti ai genitori.
Io ho trovato: "I married a Dead Person" di Cornell Woolrich, un robino ormai fuori catalogo da quasi un ventennio.
Oggi mi è arrivata un'edizione bellissima de "La Regina dei Caraibi" di Salgari, datata 1976: gialla, puzzolente, polverosa, fighissima!
Se mi accettano altri tre mooch ancora in attesa di risposta potrei aver recuperato ben due libri di Rafael Sabatini, (uno di "Capitan Blood" e uno di "Scaramouche"), uno dei quali potrebbe avere anche un'ottantina di anni.
Tutto ciò in cambio di sciocchi manga che non leggo più e che non mi sono mai piaciuti... o di libri di Coehlo che non mi ha mai detto molto (se non per questo alone di scopiazzato che sento tutte le volte che apro le pagine di un suo libro)... e forse mi arriva anche una bella versione in inglese di "They came to Baghdad" di Aghata Christie, qui al meglio, fuori dalle investigazioni e in piena spy story! Quindi se vedete del vecchiume comparire nel badge di Anobii qui al lato, l'ho probabilmente moochato!
Su bookmooch sono Deda. Se avete un libro di Zorro (anche quello della Allende) fatemi sapere!


No comments: